Sunday 25 September 2011

Affordances Post

This posting will be based around the topic of affordance in relation to my occupation. This topic will be divided into three sub topics; communications, connection and finally ethics.
Please note: that this blog posting will be based around - going to the gym (this is to ensure my posting is specific enough to the concepts around affordances).
Communications in regards to going to the gym is limited as there is no verbal communication, however there is a great deal of non verbal communication (exercising) between myself and the gym equipment. This non verbal communication is the most significant form of communication.
The relationship of this is somewhat of an individual one, the main reason I attend the gym is to take care of myself - both mentally and physically. However there are other relationships I need to consider, this is the relationship of the environment and the people in the environment. I care for the equipment by making sure I wipe it down after i sue each piece and I care for the other people at they gym by ensuring I am not on the equipment for too long at peak gym times.
Connection to portray connection in relation to going to the gym i have wrote a poem;
This is the gym called Contours.
This the gym I exercise in called Contours.
These are the shoes that I wear when I exercise in the gym called Contours.
This is the dirt that are on the shoes that I wear when I exercise in the gym called Contours.
Ethics, in relation to going to the gym can be divided into four sections; burdens, joy, good and the bad.
Burdens in relation to going to the gym is having to drive distances to get to and from the gym, money i pay to go to the gym, finding a car park. There are many joys i get from going to the gym these include; a feeling of total well being, the enjoyment of using and moving my own body and finally the joy of achieving and accomplishing. While the bad only includes; muscle aches and having to wash my hair after exercising.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Milly,
    This blog is a good read and you have clearly shown the links between communication, connections and ethics within your activity of exercise, Good work! Tip: May want to check some spelling errors :)

    ReplyDelete